Views

Thursday, January 23, 2014

What's anime?

IT’S ANIME TIME! If you have no idea what anime is then here is the proper definition of anime: a Japanese style of motion picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful art, futuristic settings, and violence. 

But that definition is difficult to understand, so I present to you my definition of anime: Japanese cartoons, but it focuses mostly on the eyes and the face is very simple.

 Many Japanese artist have many styles that they draw with.



6 comments:

  1. Your title is a lot of fun! I enjoyed learning more about anime, and your definition was helpful to me. It made me wonder, why do they focus on the eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a little research and it turns out in the Japanese culture they try to not move their mouths as much as possible. This probably because they want to be polite, so they try and focus on something else.

      Delete
  2. Anime seems like it is a lot of fun to watch. I really like the pictures you posted because it shows me what anime looks like. I can't wait until your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you should watch anime. It is amazing and a fantastic way to kill time.

      Delete
  3. Queenie I am really surprised you didn't pet Naruto up there with all the different type of eyes they have in that show. This also give me a better understanding of anime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the eyes I wanted to focus on the style. In Naruto the eyes represent power and that only relates to Naruto. It isn't an actual style, it's just part of the plot.

      Delete